UPSC Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Eligibility Criteria and details are mentioned below.
Essential Qualifications: Interested Candidates are required to have minimum qualifications for Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist (GEOL) Examination, as mentioned below.
- Masters Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or any equivalent Degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university for Geologist Posts.
- M.Sc in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc (Geophysics) or any equivalent Degree in relevant discipline form a University for Geophysicist Posts.
- M.Sc in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytic Chemistry or any equivalent degree from any Recognized University for Chemist Posts.
- Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or any equivalent degree from university for Junior Hydro-geologist Posts.
Age Limits: Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years for Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’) Posts; and Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 35 years for Junior Hydro-geologists (Scientist B), Group A Posts. Age Relaxation for Applicable candidates will be given as mentioned below:
- 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Age is additionally relax-able by 5 years for those applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989.
- 3 years for Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof).
- 5 years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs.
- 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthographically handicapped persons.
Physical standards: Interested Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2014 as per the regulations and Instructions specified in the official UPSC GEOL examination notification
Selection Process: Candidates applied for UPSC Geologist Exam, will be selected on the basis of their performance in Written Examination, Personality Test and Personal Interviews.
UPSC Ge0-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Notice 2014
UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Syllabus & Papers
UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Pattern
UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Selection Procedure