UPSC Combined Engg Services Exam (ESE) Eligibility Criteria
Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) All India Combined Engineering Service Examination (ESE), eligibility criteria and details are given in below paragraphs.
UPSC ESE Exam Eligibility:
I. Nationality: A Candidate must be either (i) a citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Nepal, or (iii) a subject of Bhutan, or
iv.a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
II. Age Limit: The Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January,2013. i.,e he/she must have been born not earlier than 02-01-21983 and not later than 02-01-1992.
Upper Age Limit Relaxation: The upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxable up to 35 years in the case of Government Servants.
- Five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Three years in case of candidates belonging to OBC.
- Five years if candidates had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 01-01-1980-31-12-1989.
- Up to maximum of three years in case of Defence Service Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequences thereof.
- Up to 5 years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCO who have rendered at least five years Military Service.
- Up to maximum of 10 years in the case of deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
III. Essential Qualification: The Candidates must have obtained a minimum Degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University Grants Commission Act, 1956. or
- Passed section A and B of the institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India), or
- Obtained a degree/ diploma in Engineering from such foreign university/ college/ institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the government for the purpose from time to time, or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and telecommunication Engineers (India).
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the institution of electronics and Radeon Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
IV. Physical Standards: The Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission, every year.
More Details: For More details regarding selection procedure, instructions and other important information please refer the links mentioned below.