UPSC Civil Services Preliminary (CSP) Exam Notice 2014
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for recruitment of 1291 posts in various services through the Civil Services Preliminary (CSP) Examination 2014. Interested candidates may apply online from 31-05-2014 to 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM. As per the official notice details and instructions are given below…
UPSC CSP Exam Details:
No. of Post: 1291 Posts
Name of Post:
1. Indian Administrative Service
2. Indian Foreign Service
3. Indian Police Service
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group-‘B’
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group-‘B’
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Age Limits: Candidates age should be between 21 to 32 Years as on 01-08-2014 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1982 and not later than 1st August, 1993. The upper age limit will be relax-able upto a maximum of five years if a candidates belongs to a SC or a ST, three years to OBC candidates. The age relaxation will be extended and applicable as per the rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates are required to have minimum degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University or possess an equivalent qualification.
Selection Process: Selection of applied candidates will be based on the performance in Civil Services (Preliminary) Examinations (Objective Type) and Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview).
Application Fee: Candidates need to pay Rs.100/- for General/ OBC Category (No fee for SC/ST/ PH Categories). The application fee must be paid either through remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash before 29-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ Bikaner & Jaipur/ Hyderabad/Mysore/Patiala/Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card before 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are required to apply online through the official website at www.upsconline.nic.in from 31-05-2014 to 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM.
Opening Date for Online Application Submission: 31-05-2014.
Closing Date for Online Application Submission: 30-06-2014 11.59 PM.
Closing Date for Payment of Fee through “Pay in Slip”: 29-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Closing Date for Payment of Fee through Online Mode: 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Date of Preliminary Examination: 24-08-2014
Date of Mains Examination: Tentatively in December 2014
More Details: For more details regarding eligibility criteria, procedure of selection, general instructions and guidelines please download the official UPSC CSP Exam Notice, through below link.