UPSC Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam Eligibility Details
Union Public Service Commission’s (UPSC) All India Combined Medical Service (CMS) Examination eligibility criteria and details are given in below paragaraph.
UPSC CMS Exam Eligibility Details:
1. Nationality: A Candidate must be either (i) a citizen of India, or (ii) a subject of Nepal, or (iii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (v) a Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakisthan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countires of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawim Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Age Limits: Candidates are required to have attained maximum age of 35 years as on 01-01-2013 i.e the canidates must have been born not earlier than 02 January, 1981.
The Upper Age Limit is Relaxable to reserved category candidates as per the rules mentioned below:
- 5 years age relaxable for SC, ST’S candidates
- 3 years age relaxable for OBC candidates
- Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
- 5 years Age relaxable for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of a assignment of 5 years military service.
- Ten years Age relaxation for blind, deaf, deaf, mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
- Up to maximum of five years in the case of ECO/SSOs who have completed an intial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service.
- Up to maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 01-01-1980 to the 31-12-1989.
3. Essential Qualification: Candidate are required to have passed the minimum written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S Examination.
- However the candidates who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final MBBS Examination may also apply.
4. Physical and Medical Standards: Candidates must be physically and medically Fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination.
More Details: For more informations regarding Combined Medical Services Examinations, please refer the links given below.