UPPSC Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Exam Pattern
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) Examination Patten and details for Combined State Upper Subordinate Services Examinations are given below.
UPPSC Combined Upper Subordinate Services Exam Pattern Details:
Plan of Examination: The competitive examination comprise three successive stages viz
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice).
2. Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination).
3. Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
1. Preliminary Examination: The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet
be on OMR sheets. The syllabus is mentioned in Appendix-10 of this advertisement.The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations. Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
2. Mains Examination: The Written examination will consist of the following compulsory and optional subjects.The syllabus whereof is mentioned in Appendix-11 of this advertisement.The candidates have to select any two subjects from the list of optional subjects for main examination. Each optional subject will consist of two papers.
A. Compulsory Subjects:
1. Gereral Hindi: 150 marks
2. Essay: 150 marks
3. General Studies (Paper-I): 200 marks
4. General Studies (Paper-II): 200 marks
General Studies Paper-I & Paper-II: This paper shall be objective type containing 150 questions and for solving the questions two hours time is allowed. For other compulsory and optional papers three hours time is allowed.Two hundred maximum marks has been allotted for each optional question paper.
Note: Timing of Examination Paper of 2 hours will be 9.30 am to 11.30 am and 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm., The timing of examination paper of 3 hours is 9.30 am to 12.30 am & 2 pm to 5 pm.
A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission, as the case may be. There shall be Two sections in all the question papers of all Optional subjects and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select minimum, Two question from each section.
B. Optional Subjects:
(1) Agriculture (2) Zoology (3) Chemistry (4) Physics (5) Mathematics (6) Geography (7) Economics (8) Sociology (9) Philosophy (10) Geology (11) Psychology (12) Botany (13) Law (14) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science (15) Statistics (16) Management (17) Political Science & International Relations (17) History (18) Social Work (19) Anthropology (20) Civil Engineering (21) Mechanical Engineering (22) Electrical Engineering (23)English Lit. (24) Urdu Lit. (25) Arabic Lit. (26) Hindi Lit. (27) Persian Lit. (28) Sanskrit Lit. (29) Commerce & Public Administration (30) Agricultural Engineering (31) Accountancy and (32) Defence Studies.
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the:
I. Group ‘A’
1. Social Work
II. Group ‘B’
III. Group ‘C’
2. Animal Husbandry and
IV. Group ‘D’
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Agriculture Engineering
V. Group ‘E’
1. English Literature
2. Hindi Literature
3. Urdu Literature
4. Arabic Literature
5. Persian Literature
6. Sanskrit Literature
VI. Group ‘F’
1. Political Science and International Relations
2. Public Administration
VII. Group ‘G’
2. Public Administration