Introduction: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
The Staff Selection Commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training and comprises of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations who are appointed on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Central Government from time to time. The Commission is provided such supporting staff as considered necessary by the Central Government.
Recruitment for SI/ ASI, JE, JHT/ Hindi Pradhyapak Posts
Syaff Selection Commission (SSC) recruitment for SI in DP & CAPFs and ASI in CISF Vacancy, Junior Engineer (C, E, M etc.) Vacancy, and SSC Sr/ Jr Translator, JHT & Hindi Pradhyapak Vacancies 2014. Candidates can know more about latest recruitment notifications through the link given below.
Lists of SSC Open/ Departmental Competitive Examinations
List of SSC Open Examinations:
- Combined Graduate Level Examination: For Assistants ,in CSS, AFHQ, MEA etc, Inspectors in Central Excise/ Preventive Officer/ Income Tax, Inspector of Posts, Sub Inspector in CBI, Divl Accountants, Auditors, UDC etc.
- Tax Assistant Examination: Tax Assistant in CBDT & CBEC.
- Statistical Investigators (SSS) Grade IV Examination: For Statistical Investigators (SSS) Grade IV in Dept. of Statistics & PI.
- Junior Engineers(Civil & Elect) Examination: For Junior Engineers (Civil & Elect) in CPWD/ Deptt of Posts,Military Engineering Service.
- Junior Translators (CSOLS) Examination: For Junior Translators of CSOLS Cadre in DOL.
- Section Officer (Comml Audit) Examination: For Section Officer (Commercial Audit).
- Deputy Field Officer (Cab Secretariat) Examination: For Deputy Field Officer(Cabinet Sectt).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO) Examination: For Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Sub Inspector in CPOs Examination: For Sub Inspector in CPOs.
- Section Officer (Audit) Examination: For Section Officer (Audit).
- Combined Matriculation Level Examination: For Stenographer Gr “C”, Stenographer Gr “D”, & Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Clerical Cadre.
- Section Officer (Accounts) Examination: For Section Officer (Accounts).
List of SSC Departmental Examinations:
- Grade ‘C’ Stenographers Limited, Departmental Competitive Examination.
- Upper Division (UD) Grade Limited, Departmental Competitive Examination.
- Clerks Grade (For Group ‘D’ Staff only) Examination.
Sample Copy of SSC OMR Answer Sheets (filled/ unfilled)
Staff Selection Commission, has recently updated the Old Design of Filled OMR Sheet; Unfilled OMR Sheet; and New Design of Sample OMR Sheets. Candidates can download the sample copy of SSC OMR Answer sheets through the links given below.
Revised Calender for SSC Open/Departmental Competitive Exams 2014
Staff selection commission (SSC) Revised Tentative schedule for various open & departmental examinations to be held during the year 2014 (January to December 2014).
- Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Exam 2014,
- Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Exam 2014,
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Electrical) Exam 2014,
- Rectt. of SI in CAPFs, ASI in CISF and SI in Delhi Police Exam 2014,
- Jr. Hindi Translator in Subordinate Offices Exam 2014,
- Combined Graduate Level (Tier-II) Exam 2014,
- Stenographer Gr. C&D Exam 2014,
- Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Exam 2014,
- Junior Translator (CSOLS) /Jr.Hindi Translators Exam 2014,
- Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff only) Exam 2014,
- Grade ‘C’ Steno. Ltd. Depttl. Comp. Exam 2013,
- Upper Div. Clerk Ltd. Depttl. Comp. Exam 2014
Candidates can download Date Sheet of Revised time table schedule for various open/ departmental examinations to be held in year 2014, through the link given below:
Syllabus for SSC Open/ Departmental Competitive Exams
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Syllabus for various Open/ Departmental Examinations. Candidates can download Syllabus for Combined Graduate Level Exam, Syllabus for Junior Translator Exam, Syllabus for Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF Exam, Syllabus for Stenographers (Grade ‘C’ and Grade’D’) Exam; Syllabus for SAS Apprentices In CGDA Exam; and Syllabus for Junior Engineers (Civil & Electrical, Mechanical etc.) through the links given below.
Junior Translator Exam Syllabus
Junior Engineers (Civil & Electrical, Mechanical etc.) Exam Syllabus
Stenographers ( Grade ‘C’ and Grade’D’) Exam Syllabus
Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) CISF Exam Syllabus
SAS Apprentices In CGDA Exam Syllabus
Combined Graduate Level (GCL) Exam Syllabus
Instructions for Proficiency/ Data Entry/ Typing/ Stenography Tests
Candidates can download the copy of general instructions for Skill Test/ Typewriting Test, Computer Proficiency Test, Data Entry Test, Stenography Test, and Final Manual for Skill Test (Typing/ Data Entry/ Word Processing/ Transcription of Stenography), through the link given below.
General Instructions to Candidates
Instructions for Multi Tasking (MTS) Examination
Instructions for Skill Test/ Typewriting Test (On Computer)
Instruction for Computer Proficiency Test for Assistant in CSS
Instructions for Computer Proficiency Test for AG-III Posts FCI
Instructions for Data Entry Test (DET) for Tax Assistants/Data Entry Operators
Instruction for Stenography Test of Stenographer Grade ‘D’/ Grade ‘C’ & Departmental Exams (On Computer)
Final Manual for Skill Test in Typing/ Data Entry/ Word Processing/ Transcription of Stenography
Model Question Paper for SSC Open/ Departmental Competitive Exams
Staff Selection Commission has (SSC) recently updated the latest model papers for open examinations and model question papers for departmental competitive Exams in Hindi & English. Candidates can download Model Papers for SSC Exams in English/ Hindi through the links mentioned below.
Educational Qualification/ Subject/ Category Codes to Fill Exam Form
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently updated the codes for essential educational qualification, subjects and category codes to fill the Examination Forms. Candidates can download educational qualification codes, subject codes, and category codes through the links given below.
Download Application Format for Obtaining Various Certificates
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Applications Formats for SC/ST Certificates; OBC Certificates; Defence Personnal Certificates; Ex-Serviceman Certificates, Central Government Department Certificates; Persons with Disabilities Certificates and Attestation Certificates can be downloaded through the links given below.
SC/ ST Certificate
Defence Personnal Certificates
Persons with Disabilities Certificates
Central Government Department Certificates
Download Admit Card for SSC Open/ Departmental Competitive Exams
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has recently uploaded its Re-Exam Admit Card for download duplicate admit card for re-examination of Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam 2013. SSC has scheduled its CHSL (10+2) Re-exam on 30.03.2014. Candidates those who applied can download SSC Admit Card through below links.
Download Results for SSC Open/ Departmental Competitive Exams
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Results for UD Grade Ltd Departmental Exam, Result for Jr Engineer Exam, Result for CHSL (10+2) Exam, Result for DEO DEST Exam, Result for LDC Typing Test, results for Assistant Grade-III Exam and various other SSC Open/ Departmental Competitive Exams can be download through the link given below.
Contact Detail & Helpline Numbers of Staff Selection Commission
Candidates may contact the secretary or the following Regional Help Lines for clarifications, if any, in respect of filling/submitting applications:
Staff Selection Commission
Lodhi Road,New Delhi.
|Sr||SSC Regions||SSC Helpline Numbers|
|1.||SSC(NR), New Delhi||01164715222, 01165570666, 01165021888|
|2.||SSC(CR), Allahabad||0532-2250372, 0532-6541021|
|3.||SSC(SR), Chennai||09445195946, 04428251139|
|4.||SSC(WR), Mumbai||09869730700, 07738422705|
|5.||SSC(ER), Kolkata||09477461228, 09477461229|
|6.||SSC(MPR) Raipur||09407921504, 09407921505|
|7.||SSC(KKR), Bangalore||09483862010, 09483862020|
|8.||SSC(NWR), Chandigarh||09915509331, 09915509204|
|9.||SSC(NER), Guwahati||09207053500, 09707679564|