Selection Process for Pay Band-I (Group C) Vacancy
Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Indian Railways Regulary invites applications from eligible and interested Indian candidates foe recruitment on various Group ‘D’ Posts in Pay Band-I of Rs.5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay and applicable allowances as per time to time rules.
As per the official Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Centralized Employment Notice for Pay Band-I Group D Posts (Traffic Porter, Points-man, Gate-man, Khalashi, Helper, Track-man, Carriage Cleaner, DSL Khalashi, DSL Cleaner, Safaiwala, Hospital Attendant), Selection procedures are mentioned below:
Selection Process for Pay Band-I (Group ‘C’) Posts:
Selection will be based on written examination followed by Physically Efficiency Test (PET). PET shall be of qualifying nature only. Those who qualify written examination & PET test shall be called for Document verification & Medical Test. There will be no interview. Final panel shall be based on Merit.
Physical Efficiency Test (For all categories): The candidate should be able to perform the following physical test.
- Male Candidates: Should be able to run a distance of 1500 meters in 6 minutes in one chance.
- Female Candidates: Should be able to run a distance of 400 meters in 3 minutes in one chance.
- (Physical Handicapped candidates are exempted from Physical efficiency test).
Please Note: The above given criterion for PET are ONLY tentative and subject to modification. Changes, if any, would be advised subsequently through the proper sources.
Written Examination: Written Examination/PET will be conducted at various Divisions as per the notification candidates applied for.
- For Written Examination/PET and other stages of recruitment process, candidates have to make their own arrangements for lodging/boarding. They may be required to stay one or two days more than the appointed day at their own cost.
- Maintaining discipline by the candidate at the venue of Written Examination/PET is must. Any act of indiscipline will debar the candidate from consideration. The decision of the committee at venue in this regard will be final and binding.
- Railway administration will not be liable/responsible for any loss/injury/damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered/incurred by any candidate during the selection, including PET. Candidates are advised in their own interest, therefore, to ensure that they are physically and otherwise fit to undertake the selection and observe due care to avoid
- injury/loss/damage to either themselves or others during the process of selection.
- The appointment of the candidates will be subject to their being found suitable after antecedent verification and medical fitness as per rules.
Syllabus for RRC Pay band-I (Group C) Written Examination:
Question paper for the Written examination shall be of Class 10th standard, consisting of multiple choice (four) objective type questions mainly aimed to assess general knowledge/ awareness, mathematics, general science and reasoning etc.
- Question paper shall be printed in Hindi, English and Urdu only. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- Date and Venue of Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and document verification will be fixed by the RRC various divisions and intimated to eligible candidates by post. Examination schedule will be published on our website and Newspapers.
- Candidates may note that the date and venue of written examination/PET once decided by Railway administration shall be final, no request for postponement of the examination and/or change of center/venue will be entertained.
- The Railway Recruitment Cell at its discretion may hold additional Written Examination and or PET or re-examination or cancel part or whole of the written examination and/or PET.
Medical Standards for Pay Band-I (Group-C) Posts:
- A-2 Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6,0.6 without glasses. Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision must be present.
- B-1 Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses. Power not to exceed +/- 4D. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required. Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision must be present.
- C-1 Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distant Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
- C-2 Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distant Vision: 6/12, Nil with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6 combined with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.