Eligibility Criteria of RRC Pay Band-I (Group C) Vacancy
Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Indian Railways Regulary invites applications from eligible and interested Indian candidates foe recruitment on various Group ‘D’ Posts in Pay Band-I of Rs.5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay and applicable allowances as per time to time rules.
As per the official Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Centralized Employment Notice for Pay Band-I Group D Posts (Traffic Porter, Points-man, Gate-man, Khalashi, Helper, Track-man, Carriage Cleaner, DSL Khalashi, DSL Cleaner, Safaiwala, Hospital Attendant), Eligibility Criteria details are mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria for Pay Band-I (Group ‘C’) Posts:
Essential Qualifications: Candidates are required to have minimum 10th Class Pass or ITI or equivalent qualification.
- Those candidates who are appearing in and/or awaiting results of final examination of class 10th or ITI or equivalent are not eligible. Academic qualification must be from recognized Educational Institution/Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected.
- Candidates having higher educational qualification may also apply.
Age Limits: Candidates willing to apply for RRC Pay Band-I (Group ‘C’) Posts are should be between 18 to 33 years of age group as on the date of centralized employment notification published. The upper age limit will be relaxed as under, subject to the production of requisite certificates.
- By FIVE years for SC/ST and by THREE years for OBC candidates in possession of valid certificate issued by the appropriate authority
- By Ten years (15 years for SC/STs and 13 years for OBCs) for persons with disability in possession of valid disability certificate issued by medical board duly constituted by the Central or State Government.
- Serving Railway Employees including Casual Labours or substitutes, if any, working in Railways who have put in a minimum of THREE Years service will be given age relaxation upto overall age limit of 40,43 & 45 years in case of General, OBC and SC/ST candidates, respectively
- In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organisation such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railway Co-operative societies who have put in 3 years service, relaxation of age will be given to the extent of service
- rendered by them subject to a maximum of 05 years.
- Widows and Divorced women who have judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried, will be given relaxation in age up to 35,38 and 40 years in case of General, OBC and SC/ST candidates, respectively.
- Relaxation of FIVE years will be given to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st day of Jan.,’80 to the 31st day of Dec.,’89, subject to production of a residential certificate from the competent authority of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The upper age limit is relax-able for Ex-servicemen up to the extent of service rendered in Defense Forces plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service.
- Ex-Servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex-servicemen for further employment cannot claim Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment and such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age etc. as admissible to Civil Employees.
Aslso See: Latest Railway Jobs Notifications 2013