RRB JE, SSE, DMS, CDMS Posts Selection Procedure Details
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Junior Engineer (JE), Senior Section Engineer (SSE), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS), Chief Depot Material Superintendent (CDMS), and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (C&MA) posts selection procedure are mentioned below as per the RRBs rules:
Selection Procedure: Selection Procedure will consists of Three Stages:
1. Online Examination
2. Document Verification
3. Medical Fitness Test
1. Online Examination:
* The questions for the online examinations will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or technical qualifications.
* The Question papers shall be of Objective Multiple Choices and likely to include Questions pertaining
i. General Awareness
iii. General Intelligence
v. General Science
vi. Technical Ability
* The questions paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages. Question paper will have 150 questions, out of 90 questions from the Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from the General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
* There shall be penalty (negative marking) in online examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
* Based on the performance of candidates in the online examination, candidates equal to the number of vacancies are called for document verification.
2. Document Verification:
During document verification, candidates will have to produce their original documents & Format of Certificates mentioned below. Certificates obtained in any other format will not be accepted.
i. Matriculation/ High School Examination Certificate or Equivalent certificate (Proof for Date of Birth and Matric qualification).
ii. Diploma/ Degree Certificate
iii. Caste Certificate for SC/ ST.
iv. Caste Certificate for OBC.
v. Income Certificate for Waiving Examination Fee.
vi. Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
vii. NOC from serving employees/ Ex-Servicemen.
viii. Minority declaration on Non-judicial Stamp Paper.
3. Medical Examination:
Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties and Visual Acuity Standard.
i. Physically fit all respects. Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or
without glasses (Power of lenses not to exceed 2D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
ii. Physically fit in all respects, Visual Standards-Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn.0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff.