Eligibility Criteria for Gukha Sepoy Vacancies
Biju Patnaik State Police Academy, Odisha Special Armed Police (OSAP) regularly invites applications from eligible and interested Indian Candidates for recruitment as Gurkha Sepoys in Odisha Special Armed Police (OSAP) various Battalions through the recruitment tests.
As per the official notifications published by the Odisha Police Academy for recruitment of Gorkha Sepy in Rs. 5,200- 20,200 + Grade Pay and other allowance as admissible time to time under Odisha Armed Police Force, Eligibility Criteria details are described below:
Nationality: A Candidate must be a bonafide Gurkha and an inhabitant of Nepal or India.
- The Gurkha Candidate residing in India must have registered his name in any of the Employment Exchanges of the concerned State before the date of advertisement for recruitment.
- Gurkhas of Nepal must be in possession of valid Citizenship of Nepal.
- Women candidates are not eligible for recruitment.
Essential Qualifications: A candidate must have passed Class-VII or equivalent examination from any recognized institution. However, the candidates who have passed H.S.C. or equivalent.
Age Limits: The age of the candidate must be between 18-25 years as on 01.01.2013. Age relaxation will be applicable to Ex-Army personnel as per existing rules.
Physical Standards: The candidates must be of sound health and free from organic defects and physical deformity. The minimum physical standard is as follows:
- Height -158 Cms
- Weight 50 Kgs.
- Chest 79 Cm (Un-expanded)
- Cms (Expanded)
Physical Test: The candidates will be put through a physical test as prescribed below.
- Run-1.6 Kms (within 6 minutes), ii) Cross Country-5 Kms (within 40 minutes),
- Broad Jump- 3.66 Mtrs. in 3 chances, iv) High Jump- 1.22 Mtrs. in 3 chances.
Failure in any of the above test shall lead to disqualification and the candidate so disqualified will not be allowed to compete further in the recruitment test.
The reservation for Gurkha Ex-Servicemen shall be made as per Govt. instructions issued from time to time.