Selection Process for Indian Coast Guard Group A Gazetted Officer
Indian Coast Guard Selection Process for Group A Gazetted Officer Recruitment in General Duty Branch and Technical Branch, as per the official notifications selection of applied candidates will be as mentioned below:
Preliminary Selection: Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test. Date/ time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates will be required to appear at the Venue with the following documents:
- Two copy of computer generated pre-filled online application.
- Original passing certificate and mark sheet of tenth class for date of birth verification.
- Original mark sheet and certificates of 10+2 examination.
- Original certificate and mark sheets (all semesters and years) of BE/B Tech /Graduation as the case may be.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste Certificate in original as per Govt of India format.
Final Selection: The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The Final Selection will consist of Psychologist test, Group Testing and Interview (Personality test).
Medical Standards: All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital.
- Height in Cm: 157 cm minimum (Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders).
- Weight: Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
- Chest: Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cm.
- Eye Sight:
- General Duty Branch: 6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass; and 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
- Technical Branch: 6/36 6/36 – Uncorrected without Glass; and 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
A merit list is prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending on the availability of vacancies. Medically fit candidates as per position in merit list will be issued appointment letter and joining instruction for training. The numbers of vacancies vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments.