UPSC Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Selection Procedure
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam Selection Process and Structure of Examination are mentioned below.
Geologist Exam Selection Process: The Geologist Exam Selection Process consists of two Parts as mentioned below.
- Written Examination
- Interview/ Personality Test
1. Written Examination:
- Geologists written exam consists of 4 papers General English, Geology Paper-I, II & III
- Geophysicists Exam consists of General English, Geophysicist Paper-I, II & III
- Chemist Exam consists of General English, Chemistry Paper-I, II & III
- Jr Hydro-geologist Exam consists of Geology paper I & II, Hydro-geology.
- Maximum Marks 100 for General English & 200 for remaining all Papers.
- In this examination all the subjects will be of conventional (essay) type with English language question papers. Answers must be in English only.
- Candidates must write their papers own hand. The commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
2. Interview/Personality Test:
The Written Test carries 200 marks .The candidates, who perform well in written examination, are called for personality test. In Interview, The candidates will interviewed by a board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/ her career.
The object of the interview is to assess his/ her suitability for the posts for which he/ she has competed. Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assessing the candidates capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.
UPSC Ge0-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Notice 2014
UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Eligibility Details
UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Pattern
UPSC Geo-Scientist/ Geologist (GEOL) Exam Syllabus & Papers