Introduction: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), a joint venture company with equity participation from Govt. of India and Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System for Delhi, NCR & other metros.
Delhi Metro is a world-class metro. To ensure reliability and safety in train operations, it is equipped with the most modern communication and train control system. It has state-of-art air-conditioned coaches. Ticketing and passenger control are through Automatic Fare Collection System, which is introduced in the country for the first time.
Travelling in Delhi Metro is a pleasure with trains ultimately available at three minutes frequency. Entries and exits to metro stations are controlled by flap-doors operated by ‘smart-cards’ and contact less tokens. For convenience of commuters, adequate number of escalators are installed at metro stations.
Contact Address:Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. Metro Bhawan
Fire Brigade Lane, Barakhamba Road,
New Delhi – 110001, India
Board No. – 23417910/12
Fax No. – 23417921
Delhi Metro Rail Online Recruitment Vacancy 2014
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Delhi invites online Applications from young, dynamic and motivated persons of Indian nationality for recruitment on Total 1194 Posts for Station Controller/Train Operator: 98 Posts; Customer Relations Assistant (CRA): 234 Posts; Jr. Engineer/ Electrical: 89 Posts; Jr. Engineer/ Electronics: 136 Posts; Jr. Engineer/ Mechanical: 35 Posts; Jr. Engineer/Civil: 32 Posts; and Maintainer: 570 Posts For more details and other important instructions and guidelines please refer the official DMRC Recruitment Notification, in below link.
Delhi Metro Rail Mobile Apps for Android/ IOS/Apple Users
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has recently lunched latest Mobile Applications for Android/ IOS/ Apple Users. Delhi Metro Rail app provides the customers of metro services with lot of useful information that helps in using the Metro Services. Following are the different sections in the app and the information available in them.
- Route Between Stations- Selecting the starting and destination stations will display the user the Fares, Distance, Approximate Travel time, stations in between with change over station and the route map with plotting of the route on the map.
- Station Info – Selecting a station will give you various useful information about the station like First and Last train timings, Platforms, Gates and directions, contact numbers, Tourist spots near that station, parking, feeder services etc.
- Nearest metro station – This section will show you the nearest metro stations from your current place and other sections for Tour guide, Metro Museum, Lost and found and Other info will give various other useful information to the user.
Delhi Metro Smart Card Recharge Online
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has recently launched the Latest Delhi Metro Rail Smart Card Portal, from where you can recharge your smart cards online. In just 3 easy steps you can recharge your smart card.
- Go to Quick TopUp or E-Services section and enter your smart card engraved id (Given on Back Side of Smart Card), amount and email id.
- Then use your Credit Card/Debit Card for secure payment.After completion of Online Payment, Visit Add Value Machine (AVM) installed at selected Metro Stations (Near EFO/Customer Care).
- Show your Smart Card on AVM, Press Add Value button on Screen of AVM to complete the recharge process.
- Smart Card is multi Journey ticket that stores value to pay your Delhi Metro transport fare.
- You can also recharge the card directly at Metro Station by paying Cash at Counters.
Delhi Metro Rail Station/ Police Station Lists
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), a joint venture company with equity participation from Govt. of India and Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi. Users can now download the lists of DMRC Stations and the lists of DMRC Police Stations through the link given below.
Delhi Metro Museum – South Asia’s 1st Modern Metro Museum
South Asia’s first modern Metro Museum, showcasing the Delhi Metro, has been opened in New Delhi, the only such installation worldwide in an operational Metro station. The Metro Museum at Patel Chowk Metro station comes as a New Year gift to the citizens of Delhi and showcases the genesis, history and journey of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). India’s first modern public transportation system, the Delhi Metro has revolutionized travel by providing a fast, reliable, safe and comfortable means of transport in the city characterized by rickety vehicles and unreliable operators. Download detailed file for Delhi Metro Museum through below link.
Policy for Hiring Premises/ Station/ Train for Shooting/ Events
Delhi Metro Rail network today consists of 190 kilometres with 143 stations, including 6 stations of Airport Express Line, spread across the length and breadth of the National Capital Territory of Delhi and has reached NCR regions of NOIDA, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon. Delhi Metro is a world-class metro and the vast infrastructure created by it, at present, is not available in any other part of the country, with infrastructure of Airport Express Line being unique. DMRC premises including spaces at stations and trains may be given on short-term hiring basis for the purpose of shooting of films, documentaries, TV commercials, etc. Advertisement of any kind including product display shall not be permitted during such hiring of DMRC premises. Further, these activities of shooting shall not cause inconvenience to the metro users or interfere in the operation of metro services.
Reputed Production House, Event Management Company, Show Organizer, Film Producer & Exhibitor and Branding Company may make a request on the letter head of the company for Hiring DMRC Premises/ Stations or Trains for Shooting/ Events, please refer the Event Guidelines and Application form in below link.