CRPF Constable Selection Process (CT) Technical & Tradesman
CRPF Constable Selection Process Details:
Stage-I: Physical efficiency test/Physical standards test:
At the very beginning, candidates will be asked to go through the height bar and thereby, candidates with lesser height will be eliminated and will not be allowed to participate in further process of recruitment and will be given rejection slip intimating reasons for rejection. Those candidates who qualify the height bar will be subjected to 5 Kms race to be completed in 24 minutes.
Please Note: The candidate (s) who do not qualify the 5 Kms race will be eliminated and will not be allowed to participate in further process of recruitment and will be given rejection slip intimating reasons for rejection by presiding officer.
Physical Efficiency Test: At the beginning of the recruitment process, candidates will be subjected to one mile race (1.6 Kms) to be completed as under:-
- Male candidates – In 10 minutes
- Female candidates – In 12 minutes 11
This test will be only qualifying in nature. Candidates, who do not qualify the race, would be eliminated from the recruitment process by giving rejection slip intimating reasons thereof by the Presiding Officer.
Screening of Testimonials: No testimonial/ certificates are required to be attached with application form by the candidates. Required original testimonials/ documents of those candidates who have qualified 5 Kms race/1.6 km race as applicable to the post will be checked and only eligible candidates will be permitted to the next stage of the recruitment.
- Candidates who fail to produce the requisite testimonials/certificates will be eliminated from the recruitment process and in no case candidates will be allowed provisionally.
Physical Measurement & Standards Test: The candidates who are found eligible on screening of testimonials will be screened for height, chest and weight by the Board of Officers. The candidates who meet the requirements of physical standard will be allowed to participate in the written test.
- The candidates who do not fulfill the laid down physical standards will be eliminated from recruitment process by giving rejection slip, thereof, by Presiding Officer.
- Any dispute in measurement will be settled by the Presiding Officer of the recruitment board on the spot whose order will be final.
Stage-II: Written Examination:
The candidates who qualify in STAGE-I (PST/PET) will be informed in writing on the day of PST/PET (Stage-I) itself about the dates on which they are required to appear for written test and place of test. The written test will be as under:-
- The written test will be of 100 marks consisting of two parts, i.e., Part-I – Knowledge expected from a Class – 10 pass candidates and Part-II relating to knowledge of the Trade.
- Part-I of Question Paper will consist of 50 objective type questions carrying 1 mark each to assess the following:
- General awareness / general knowledge
- Knowledge of elementary mathematics
- Analytical aptitude.
- Ability to observe and distinguish patterns.
- Basic knowledge of the candidates in English/Hindi.
- Part-II of Question Paper will also have objective type questions of 50 marks, separately for each trade to assess the knowledge of the candidate in respective trade. Candidate applying for a particular trade will be given question paper pertaining to that trade only.
- The questions will be set both in Hindi and English. Candidates will have the option to answer either in Hindi or English.
- Questions in Part-I & II are to be answered using a pen. Use of pencil will not be allowed.
- The duration of the Written Test will be 2 hours.
- Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile phone, calculators or any other electronic/electrical device. Candidates, therefore, must not bring these devices inside the examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and appropriate action will be taken against such candidates.
- The category wise qualifying marks for written examination are as under:
- General/Ex-Servicemen Candidates: 35 % Marks.
- SC/ST/OBC Candidates : 33% Marks
Stage-III: Trade Test (Practical) – (Qualifying Nature)
The candidates who qualify in written test will be put through trade test which will be qualifying in nature. Out of 50 marks for practical Trade Test, a candidate must secure 20 marks to qualify. During Trade test, a candidate will be asked to perform any activity pertaining to that particular trade for which he/she has appeared/applied.
Stage-IV: Medical Examination
The candidates will be medically examined to assess their physically and medical fitness as prescribed in the eligibility condition. The examination will be conducted only of those candidate who qualify in physical measurement, physical efficiency test, written test and trade test.
Final Merit List:
Merit list will be prepared solely on the basis of marks secured in the written examination for those who qualify Stage-III trade test.
- Final selection of candidates will be in order of merit in each category on the basis of written test marks whereas other tests are only qualifying in nature.
- In case of tie in marks, the merit list will be prepared in the following order :-
- Older Age : The candidates with older age shall be higher in merit list.
- Alphabetical Order : The candidates whose name comes first in alphabetical order (English) shall be kept higher in the merit list.